As one of the only professional athletes in the world with a solely plant-based diet, Brendan advocates the benefits of plant-based foods for both environmental and physical wellbeing. He was chosen as one of the 25 Most Influential Vegetarians by VegNews Magazine, the Top 40 Under 40 most influential people in the health industry by Natural Food Merchandiser and has been nominated for the prestigious Manning Innovation Award twice for creating VEGA, his environmentally friendly and ultra-healthy line of natural food products made from plant-based superfoods. He modeled his products after the meals and snacks he made himself every day, which were the key to his success as a professional vegan Ironman triathlete.
Brazier’s intentions of spreading the news on an ethical, environmentally friendly, and healthy lifestyle through plant-based foods have taken him across North America, speaking at events such as the Chicago Green Festival and to audiences such as the United States Congress. Brendan was also invited to speak at the 2008 Democratic Convention.
Among Brazier’s other achievements are his active involvement with healthy, ethical, and environmental initiatives such as a new exploratory adventure movie on health and wellness, ‘Back from the Edge’, and a photo feature alongside the likes of Barack Obama and Bill Maher in the Charity book ‘A Rare Breed of Love’ (Simon & Schuster) recently featured by Oprah Winfrey.
Books by Brendan Brazier:
- Thrive Fitness, second edition: The Program for Peak Mental and Physical StrengthFueled by Clean, Plant-based, Whole Food Recipes
- Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life
- Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
- Thrive Foods: 200 Plant-Based Recipes for Peak Health
- The Thrive Diet
- Thrive Fitness: The Vegan-Based Training Program for Maximum Strength, Health, and Fitness
- Thrive: A Guide to Optimal Health & Performance Through Plant-Based Whole Foods, Expanded Second Edition