9 Tips before Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is a big investment, so you should be sure to prepare beforehand. Here are some tips to consider if you are planning on having a cosmetic procedure soon.
- Research your surgeon or practitioner. You should know who is performing your procedure so that you can research what they have done, their reputation, how they do things, You should find out what their qualifications are and how long they have been in practice. It is always important to know that your practitioner is qualified before the procedure, as it will help tremendously with the stress.
- You should meet the doctor performing your plastic surgery in person before the procedure. This will further your comfort and is often a requirement by the surgeons.
- Look up the procedure you are interested in online. You might be able to read stories about the recovery you should anticipate, which will help you prepare. You might even decide that the procedure is not for you. It is always best for you to get data, so do some googling then check the information you found with a doctor.
Be well aware of the risks. There are risks associated with every procedure, no matter how minimal. Ask about the risks in your consultation and you should prepare for the worst case scenario.
- Ask to see examples of your doctor’s previous works. If you see photographs of before and after results, you will see the realistic expectations of your desired procedure. When asking for these pictures, make sure they are not generic. You should request pictures of the surgeon’s actual work.
- Make sure that you are making this decision for yourself, not to look exactly like a celebrity. Plastic surgery is a great option and has many benefits, but only if you perform it for the right reasons. Star images spark unrealistic expectations and should not be used to depict the desired outcome.
- Before making the decision, consult a friend or family member for input. The opinion of someone close to you can be precious, as they are often able to ask questions you would not have thought of but apply to your situation. This is a big decision and needs to be made in the company of those who love you.
- You should get infromation about the recovery process. Make sure you know what it entails and how long you will be out of your daily activities. It could be a walk in, walk out procedure. It could require you to bring an escort who can drive you home. You should stay informed about post-operative follow-up visits and whether you will have to take time off of work. Furthemore you should have all of this worked out in advance to eliminate stress during and after the procedure.
- You should take some time after your consultation to think about the decision and make sure it is still the right choice for you. Talk to friends and family, make plans, research for more information. The more information you have, the firmer your decision to get plastic surgery will be.
by Mary R Hanna
“Mary R Hanna” is a passionate content writer at Liv Plastic, Amazing patient care is our highest mission at Liv Plastic Surgery. We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our patients who will always enjoy warm, relaxed, in elegant surroundings. Boca Raton and Miami-Fort Cosmetic nasal surgery patients in South Florida can receive a consultation and qualify for our [liv] Mor Rewards program when requesting an appointment online and scheduling during our easy access office hours including monthly weekend meetings. After an examination and evaluation, you’ll receive personalized surgical recommendations tailored to your cosmetic needs.