As long as I remember Growing up with mothers cooking as long as I remember I always had salads as a stable source of my nutrition. Furthermore, since 2013 which I decided to adopt a plant based lifestyle, I eat salads at least twice a day. During the summer I literally live with fruits and salads. Salads are easy to make, and they digest fast. They are perfect for snacks and food on the go. One big advantage of a salad you can make it as dense as you wish. Adding products that are high in calories you can adjust your caloric intake accordingly. For example, if you use potatoes, beets and avocados with your salad you increase the calories significantly. On the other hand, you can keep the calories down if you only include green leafy vegetables.
The following salad is one of them.
- Peppers (Bell or any other kind of Pepper)
- Caper preserved in vinegar
- Olive oil (50ml)
- Lettuce (Optional)
The quantities of the ingredients it’s completely up to you.
- Wash the ingredients that need it.
- Cut all the ingredients in desirable pieces.
- Add them in a big ball and stir them good.
- Add Lemon juice or Vinegar if we want and at the end add 50ml of olive oil stirring it a bit just to oil the ingredients.
Amazon link: My Salads