Health is the most beautiful gift that you have ever received. With good health, you can do anything that you desire in life. Hence, your first and foremost duty is to take good care of your health from the inside out. However, many of you might be hesitant to discuss some problems in your daily life such as vaginal odor.
What is Vaginal Odor?
In fact, a strong odor from your vagina can be the remarkable sign of health problem which you need to deal with as soon as possible. If you neglect it, it will lead to a critical condition and lower your quality of life. The important question is which kind of smell considered normal. Only you know your body well, commonly vagina has a natural and slight scent. This thing is definitely true to all women on this planet. On the other hand, when you notice a stronger and more intense odor than usual, you have to check out immediately. That kind of smell is not right, and there may be something triggering it.
How does the Bad Vaginal Odor Happen?
The most common reason for the abnormal vaginal odor is due to the period, copulation or change in the hormone. Otherwise, if you experience some symptoms including itching, redness, and inflammation of the vagina, it seems to be infected by the development of harmful bacteria. Some of the primary activities that you need to do are the following:
- Practice more often hygiene, you should keep your lady parts healthy and clean
- Change underwear frequently
- Use suitable menstrual product
- Don’t wear too tight clothes
- Change the bad habits and start a healthy lifestyle
Afterwards, you had better apply a few extraordinary home remedies in this article to decrease these uncomfortable symptoms as well as get rid of vaginal odor naturally.
It is also noted that if the strong odor is not disappeared after trying several solutions, you had better see your doctor for proper diagnosis. Because this strong smell can be the warning sign of severe health problems.
How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor
Tea Tree Oil
The most natural home remedy on how to get rid of vaginal odor is tea tree oil that you can easily apply right at your home. Tea tree oil is considered as a mild antiseptic which can deal with the infection in your vagina effectively. Additionally, you will love the slight, spicy scent of this pure essential oil. With that fresh scent, it can cover the bad odor and help you feel more confident.
How to apply
- Prepare a glass of warm water and pour a few drops of tea tree oil into it
- Clean the infected area with this mixture slowly
- Follow this solution about 2 – 3 times per week until the odor is disappeared.
If you notice, everyone actually loves to eat yogurt, both children and adult. Furthermore, daily consumption of yogurt will bring a lot of benefits to your overall health. It can help you improve the heart health, digestion, stronger bones and so on. Besides, yogurt is not only a delicious and nutrient-rich food but also a useful home remedy for vaginal odor, do you know that? This food is packed with lactobacillus acidophilus which balances the initial level of pH in your vagina. As a result, the number of harmful bacteria along with vaginal smell is going to be decreased quickly.
How to apply
- Consume a cup of low-fat yogurt on a daily basis to get rid of this awful odor.
- Add some low-fat yogurt into the tampon and apply it to your body. Clean it off after a few hours and the strong odor will be eliminated. Repeat this home remedy twice a week as needed.
Apart from yogurt, blueberry juice also can maintain the balance of bacteria in the vaginal area. Drinking healthy blueberry juice regularly could help you fight against the inflammation and irritation due to the high amount of vitamin C. Besides, this nutritious fruit is perfect for the human body, and more importantly, you will definitely enhance your well-being and quality of life. It is recommended that you should consume one cup of blueberry juice every day. Alternatively, you are able to have a glass of pineapple as well, both of these fruits also aid you in reducing the odor.
White vinegar is widely known as a natural cleaning agent with people all over the world, it is used in various ways to explain the dirt and strange substances. However, with just a little and appropriate amount of white vinegar, it becomes a fantastic tip for vaginal odor.
How to apply
- Mix 100ml white vinegar, 50 grams pure salt with the water in your bathtub
- Then dip yourself in the tub for 15 – 20 minutes
- After that, wash your body with fresh water
- Repeat this home remedy a few times per week
- Keep doing it until you see the improvement.
Garlic contains the antibacterial and antibiotic properties. Hence it comes as no surprise when garlic is on the list of home remedies for vaginal odor. You no longer have to worry about the fishy odor coming from your vagina. Because garlic has a powerful effect on relieving the inflammation and pain.
How to apply
- The simple thing that you need to do is adding the garlic into your daily meal and savoring it.
- Alternatively, prepare a clove of garlic and place it in your vaginal areas for 30 – 45 minutes. Follow this home remedy for several times per week to stay away from vaginal odor.
Another solution to vaginal odor is to eat some fenugreek seeds on a daily basis. Indeed, this seed is very beneficial to both of women’s mental and physical health. On the one hand, fenugreek seed will help you get a good night’s sleep, so you will apparently feel more energized and comfortable in the next morning. On the other hand, this seed stimulates the regular periods.
How to apply
- Put a few fenugreek seeds into a cup of water and go to bed. At waking time, drink that cup of water after removing the seeds.
- Another choice is to drink a cup of this tea every day, and you can get rid of vaginal odor gradually.
Also, fenugreek seed is also a home remedy for many problems related to the vagina, you can find more information at home remedies for bacterial vaginosis.
Warm Milk with Turmeric
As you know, milk is one of the nutritious drinks on this planet. Indeed, it will provide you with a lot of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that human body needs. You can obtain these benefits by consuming milk directly or eating dairy products. Otherwise, a cup of warm milk with turmeric will help you deal with vaginal odor effectively. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial contents in turmeric, it will slow down the spread of harmful bacteria in your vagina and neutralize the pH level. Generally, this unusual treatment will not let you down on eliminating the foul vaginal odor.
Indian gooseberry, in the simpler name, is amla, can aid you in removing the strong odor of your vagina. In fact, Indian gooseberry works as a cleansing and purifying agent that soothes the throbbing and irritated feeling. Also, it helps your body heal the infected areas as well as restore them to the original condition.
How to apply
- Daily intake of Indian gooseberry is able to cover the vaginal odor and improve your vaginal health.
- Another option is to consume other forms of this fruit including powder, jam, dried fruit or juice. Keep doing this tip until you get away from the awful smell.
If you are suffered from vaginal odor, you should try to eat a dark leafy green vegetable. You may wonder what dark leafy green vegetable is, but it is really familiar to you. We will show you some of top healthiest leafy greens such as lettuces, spinach, microgreens, arugula, kale and so on. These vegetables are so good for your overall health due to the excellent sources of fibers and vitamins. It is advised that you had better add them to your daily meal to get rid of vaginal odor. By doing that, you can have a healthy vagina and keep your lady parts happy.
Last but not least, neem leaves can be considered as an effective home remedy on how to get rid of vaginal odor. Neem includes antibacterial and antifungal contents that prevent the development of harmful bacteria, keep the level of pH balanced. As a result, the bad vaginal odor will go away immediately. Also, neem also has a positive impact on the inflammation and swelling, it helps soothe the affected areas.
How to apply
- Prepare some neem leaves, remember to wash it carefully to remove the dust
- Heat them up with fresh water and let it cool down.
- Use this liquid to clean the suffered areas gently on a daily basis
- Follow this home remedy for several days or more than a week to get rid of vaginal odor.
by Arial Grande