5 Recipes That Help In Overcoming Acne
Acne is one of the most common skin problems prevalent worldwide. As the pores in your skin get clogged with dirt and dead skin cells, acne and pimples pop up.
Acne treatments are often long-term and expensive. This prompts an increasing number of patients towards home remedies for it. These herbal methods not only cure the disorder but do not have any side effects too. Applying apple cider vinegar, including zinc supplements in your diet, using honey and cinnamon face mask are some of the most common remedial measures for acne. Apart from these external measures, including specific stuff in your diet can help you avoid the root cause of acne.
Here we have brought you the top five recipes that help in overcoming acne to get a healthy, happy and glowing skin –
- Berry Berry Smoothie – Easily prepared using some avocados, kale, spinach, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, this berry-berry smoothie is one of the best recipes that help in overcoming acne. Juice the berries, kale and spinach followed by blending them with avocado and ice. Avocados are a fantastic source of vitamin E and have strong anti-oxidizing properties. They also contain the right amount of vitamin C that helps in reducing skin inflammation – a major cause of acne.
Similarly, berries also help in reducing inflammation, thus helping clear your skin of pimples. Another ingredient of the smoothie -spinach is highly abundant in chlorophyll. It helps to cleanse the bacteria and toxins from the digestive tract and bloodstream. Apart from that, it is a rich source of Vitamin A. It works as a robust anti-acne agent and is a significant ingredient of topical acne creams.
- Egg White Omelet – Collect some eggs, olive oil, onions, mushroom, spinach, and green pepper to prepare a super healthy egg white omelet quickly. Whether your skin is dry or oily, eggs can help improve the overall texture a lot. The egg whites contain albumin in high quantity. An albumin is a simple form of protein which helps in tightening pores and removes excess oil from the skin.
Accumulation of excessive oil is one of the common causes of acne and pimples. Apart from that, egg yolk is rich in fatty acids and gives the required moisture to the skin. Egg white also helps to make the skin firm. It lifts the skin under the eyes thus taking away the puffiness to a great extent resulting in healthy eyes.
- Beer Cocktail – Beer contains a lot of essential vitamins that help in reducing or even wholly eradication acne outbursts. It adds a natural glow to your skin and makes it look healthy and bright. Beer is a good, natural cleanser that helps in cleaning the pores to prevent any acne due to accumulated dirt. It dissolves the dead skin cells and makes the skin more elastic. Moreover, it maintains a healthy pH level of the surface and nourishes it. It helps the skin keep a natural balance of its own.
Slightly mix any quality sample of beer such as Victoria Beer with a little amount of lemon juice to reap some real skin benefits. You can also make a beautiful Mexican lime and beer cocktail using these ingredients. Add salt to taste and see the magic!
- Whiskey Cocktails – If consumed in moderate amount, whiskey can be highly beneficial for skin. It brings down the skin inflammation and helps in removing or drying excess oil. It has excellent antiseptic properties and removes and bacteria or dirt from the skin, leaving a clean skin behind. A dirty skin is the perfect breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
Using whiskey with the right combination of ingredients is perfect for skin care. Prepare a quick whiskey cocktail using a standard brand of whiskeys like Clyde May’s Bourbon and ingredients like Benedictine, pomm ginger syrup, lemon juice, and some edible marigold flower. You just need to combine all the ingredients, shake and serve up in a cocktail glass well garnished with an edible flower to make a healthy drink.
- Chocolate Smoothie – Cocoa beans found in chocolate are a natural moisturizer packed with fatty acids. These are a great nourishing agent for the skin and leave it pampered and healthy. Cocoa is also one of the most significant dietary sources of antioxidants. Its anti-oxidizing action keeps a check on acne. Apart from that, chocolate is also rich in flavonoids. It helps to filter UV rays and it is a rich source of vitamins such as vitamin A, B1, C, D and E. Including a delicious chocolate smoothie in your breakfast every day can help you fight a lot of skin problems. Include banana and chocolate almond milk and see yourself getting amazed by the taste. Buy high quality, imported chocolates online and take your smoothie game to the next level.
These top five recipes can help you fight with a lot of skin problems, especially pimples and acne. Apart from these, you must keep exfoliating your skin from time to time and keep it hydrated. Consuming a sufficient amount of water is crucial to maintaining healthy skin. After all, you become what you eat! Whatever you consume is bound to show up on your skin. It is cool to munch on some junk food while catching up on Netflix, but consuming it all the time is not cool at all. You need to strike a balance between healthy and junk food.
She is a blogger who loves to write in different verticals. She co-authored Supercharge Organic Traffic: A popular course focusing on Organic Traffic for Ecommerce.. Her hobbies are traveling and reading.