How To Do Home Waxing Like A Pro
Waxing is essential to look flawless. While parlors are pretty great for doing waxing for you but a lot of people prefer to do it at the comfort of their home rather than going to a salon and getting it done in front of a lot of people. Not only does home waxing save your time but it is also straightforward on the pockets. You are likely to spend one-third of what you would have paid at the parlor otherwise. So if you too feel like getting those roots some waxing at home, then you will need to do it with the right kind of preparation. This guide will help you to do home waxing like a professional so that you even take out the last strand of that unwanted hair. So let us take a look of some below points:
Things To Keep In Mind If You Are Doing A Home Waxing
- Examine The Length Of Hair – The first and the foremost thing to do is to examine the length of your unwanted hair. To do your waxing easily, your hair needs to be at least 1/4th of an inch. If it is not this tall, then it becomes difficult to grip and come off. Also frequently waxing can cause skin issues so make sure your hair has grown back enough for you to opt for waxing.
- Avoid Any Kind Of Exfoliation – Make sure you do not exfoliate right before you have made up your mind to wax. Exfoliation makes the skin sensitive and makes it really prone to any kind of allergies or burns or pains. You can exfoliate a couple of days before you choose to do the waxing.
- Say No To Moisturizer – As much as you love your daily dosage of nourishment make sure you do not apply any kind of moisturizer before you set out to wax. It creates a barrier between the wax and the skin. So what you can do is to moisturize the skin the previous night to not make it dry or flaky.
The Kind Of Wax That You Can Use At Your Home
- Sugar Wax – The wax that is called the sugar wax is made up of all natural ingredients like lemon, sugar and of course warm water. This technique has been around for years, and it pulls the hair straight out of the roots without causing any kind of effect on your skin. This kind of wax is the best suited for people who tend to have sensitive skin.
- Hot Wax – This is one of the most common types of wax that you will find even on parlors. Hot wax can be used on the larger body parts like you back or legs .the wax is usually kept in a container which is microwaved or heated in a kit. You apply it on your skin with a flat stick evenly. After this, you use the wax strips to pull out the hair along with the wax from your body. If your skin is heat sensitive, do not try this method.
- Cold Wax – Cold wax doesn’t need any kind of processing to be applied on the skin so this is the best suited for the people who want to wax like a pro in their homes. This does not create any kind of the mess and is suitable for carrying around while you are traveling. It can be bought from any store as waxing strips with the wax attached to it, and it has a semi-thick kind of consistency.
The Tips To Keep In Mind While You Are Waxing On Your Own
- Check Your Skin Thoroughly – If you have any kind of pimples or burns and cuts, then you should altogether avoid that area while you are waxing. Applying the wax on that area can worsen the things. Also before you do your waxing make sure you test it out on a small region of your skin.
- Regulate The Temperature – If you have decided to do the hot wax, then you need to ensure that the wax doesn’t get extremely hot for your skin. That is going to burn your skin and make matters really bad. Also, make sure that it is not so cold that it becomes hard to spread it evenly on the skin. The wax should be kept at an ideal temperature for which it should not burn your skin out and nor should it be difficult to apply. Keep checking the temperature at regular intervals to get it right.
- Pull At The Right Direction – The hair grown occurs in one particular direction, and while waxing, you need to pull out against that direction for your unwanted hair to come out correctly. In some regions where your hair growth is scarce, it might get a bit difficult to figure out the perfect direction but make sure you keep at it to achieve the results.
- Avoid Applying Over And Over Again – Multiple applications on the same area can prove to be dangerous. Waxing is meant to finish the action in one go and if you over wax the area then it can lead to rashes or itchiness which you don’t want anyway.
So there are the tips and facts which will help you to do home waxing like a real professional on your own. So if you want to look and feel your smooth, flawless skin then go to the store and buy any wax that you want, you are going to love the results that you achieve. Make sure you follow this guide so that you don’t do any kind of mistakes while you are at it. In case of burns you can apply some ice to soothe the skin, but with the right precautions, nothing like that will happen. So, enjoy your silky smooth skin which you can now get even at your home.
by Munira Saleh