Identify the triggers of Asthma flare-up
Asthma is one of the most common health conditions that affect the respiratory system, in particular, the lungs airways. Not only adults, but even small kids are falling prey to this disease which alters the daily activities significantly, if not managed well. Though many factors are contributing to the condition which acts as “triggers,” hereditary reasons are also significantly responsible for the onset of asthma. Initially, medicines work to control the symptoms which are available in online medicine shop, but in severe cases, people need to take inhalers to ease the symptoms.
Symptoms and treatment of asthma are prevalent, and people know about them very well. However, there are a few things and activities that can act as an irritant for asthma which we are mostly not aware of. Below are a few such irritants which we get exposed to daily which flare-ups the symptom.
- Dust mites: These are microscopic bugs that live in household dust found in carpets, curtains, upholstery, pillow, or mattresses. Even the air coming out of AC and sleeping on a new bedsheet can cause irritation leading to breathing troubles. Keep your things clean, but stay away during the cleaning process.
- Excessive physical activity: Exercise is always suggested, but for patients with chronic asthma, long exercise can lead to an attack of shortness of breath. They might not get enough oxygen required during vigorous activities due to constricted airways. So, patients with asthma should get involved in brisk walking or low-intensity activities and yoga. Kids should play out and report to the doctor for any unusual symptoms.
- Smoking: It is a strong “NO” to asthmatics. When a person smokes, the irritating particles settle in the moist lining of the airway leading to an asthma attack. Not only this, the tobacco damages the tiny hair-like structure present in the airways that helps in keeping dust and mucus away. Even if you are tempted to smoke, control yourself or seek the help of an addiction therapist. He might suggest some medicines to help you quit the addiction. You can buy medicine online and start the treatment.
- Certain kind of food: Most of the people are allergic to certain types of food. However, asthma patients need to be very particular about it. Some asthmatics complain of symptoms after eating peanut butter, soy, milk, eggs, fish or cold stuff. Ice-creams, cold drinks, oily food, bakery items also act as irritant sometimes.
- Perfumes and deodorants: This is one of the common allergy-causing People fail to identify that the daily fragrance they are using is causing all the stress in the respiratory system. So, be particular about using any car freshener, room freshener, scents, aromatic oil, cleaning products or insect repellents.
Despite taking all the care, keep consulting your pulmonologist as scheduled. Do not skip your medicines and follow the dosage as suggested. Asthmatics should always stock up with their medicines to make sure they don’t miss any dose. To refill your prescription, you can choose medicines delivery at home.
by Rinki Manya